From: Polhemus, Bill [mailto:Bill.Polhemus(--nospam--at)tyson.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2005 9:30 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: PENNSYLVANIA BUILDING CODE - Historic Live Load Specification

Well, I have at least partially answered my own question.

On ANOTHER LIST where I got a faster response (ahem), someone pointed out that the BOCA (NBC) code from 1967 or thereabouts called out exactly the same criteria for Live Load on "storage warehouses" as we have today: A low of 125 psf and a high of 250 psf.

BOCA/NBC has typically been used in the Midwest. Might NBC have been the code in effect in PA during that time?