Re: Steel Beam Design Program

Rich,
I also use SODA 4.0 and like it.  It is more than a beam
program -does steel structures, but not composite beams.
You can also put in your own built-up shapes, but how it
analyses them I don't know.  It works to both Canadian
and American codes, in both ASD and LRFD.
I also use TEDDS which allows you to analyse beam loadings
to choose a member.  You then run it through another
module that does a thorough code check.  However when
you try to write your own programs, it is extremely
temperamental; you have to be consistent in your units
and text; it really needs more built-in checking of your
programming as you proceed.  I like its built-in libraries
of shapes,woods, and rebar.
Gary