RE: BUILDING CODES: International Existing Building Code

Title: BUILDING CODES: International Existing Building Code

Bill,

Chapter 2, Definitions, has a definition of REPAIR: the restoration to good or sound condition of any part of a building for the purpose of maintenance; no definition of FAILURE.

Chapter 3, Classification of Work, refines the definition of repair – nothing structurally helpful here.

Chapter 4, Repairs has about one page of structural requirements, mainly dealing with how to apply the IBC requirements to the repair of an existing building – no materials-specific rules; no prescriptive rules.

I don’t see anything else related to repair of structural damage or failure.

Nels Roselund, SE

South San Gabriel, CA

njineer(--nospam--at)att.net