seismic isolation in wood framed structure

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next] Hi. I'm designing a modest addition to a golf clubhouse, built as a large residence in NY around the turn of the century. IBC 2003 says I must either design the addition such that the entire structure conforms to the current seismic provisions, which is practically impossible given rambling nature of, and the rubble walls and wood framed construction in, the existing building; OR isolate the addition, which seems incongruous in a wood framed building in NY. Any throughts would be much appreciated.