Re: seismic isolation in wood framed structure

This is certainly different than your situation but for what it is worth,
we provide 1" seismic separation between site built garages and factory
built manufactured homes. We separate the footings and all framing with a
flashing at the roof over the separation.

Stan Scholl, P.E.
Laguna Beach, CA