RE: seismic isolation in wood framed structure

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next] Yes. They are unreinforced solid stone walls. They are typically at the perimeter of the building and extend the full height from footing to eave or gable.

From: "Nels Roselund" <njineer(--nospam--at)att.net>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: RE: seismic isolation in wood framed structure
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 09:28:15 -0700

Benjamin,

What do you mean by rubble walls?  Are there stone walls in the old
building?  If so, I've got some thoughts based on additions without
isolation or seismic joints that I've designed for buildings with
unreinforced masonry walls in Earthquake Country [CA].

Nels Roselund, SE
South San Gabriel, CA
njineer(--nospam--at)att.net