From: Jim Wilson [mailto:wilsonengineers(--nospam--at)yahoo.com]
Sent: Saturday, April 30, 2005 9:47 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Dietrich Spazzer Bar

I'm interested in hearing comments on Dietrich's 5400
Spazzer bar. It is a very simple replacement for the
conventional cold-rolled-channel with screwed or
welded connections at every stud.  Are LG designers
recommending it?  Are SER's accepting it from LG
contractors?

http://www.dietrichindustries.com/spazzer.htm

The product literature lists compliance with ASTM and
AISI standards, as well as patent information, but I
don't see anything about code acceptance.  But in an
industry dictated largely by proprietary products, one
would think(hope) Dietrich would only sell products
that were safe and effective and generally acceptable
for use as advertised.

*No disclaimer necessary.

Jim Wilson, PE
Stroudsburg, PA