Re: seismic isolation in wood framed structure

Benjamin-
Does your building qualify under the following section of the IBC2003?:

"3407.1 Historic buildings. The provisions of this code relating
to the construction, repair, alteration, addition, restoration and
movement of structures, and change of occupancy shall not be
mandatory for historic buildings where such buildings are
judged by the building official to not constitute a distinct life
safety hazard."
Regards,
Bill Cain, SE
Berkeley CA