Re: seismic isolation in wood framed structure

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next] It may. I don't believe its on any sort of historic register, but I will look more closely at this provision to see if it may qualify. Thank you.

From: BCainse(--nospam--at)aol.com
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: seismic isolation in wood framed structure
Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 10:52:08 EDT

Benjamin-
Does your building qualify under the following section of the  IBC2003?:

"3407.1 Historic buildings. The provisions of this code relating
to the construction, repair, alteration, addition, restoration  and
movement of structures, and change of occupancy shall not be
mandatory  for historic buildings where such buildings are
judged by the building  official to not constitute a distinct life
safety hazard."
Regards,
Bill Cain, SE
Berkeley CA

In a message dated 4/30/2005 9:28:23 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,