Re: Triangular Shear Walls

Irv-
Thor Matteson, SE has written a book on shear walls which includes a discussion of sloping shear walls.  His website, www.shearwalls.com , has a non-printing version (near the bottom of the website) of his Appendix B which describes the methodology for sloping walls, but I highly recommend you get the book.  He's done a good job of presenting shearwall design and construction.
Regards,
Bill Cain, SE
Berkeley CA