Triangular Shear Walls

Fellow Engineers-
Thx for your responses re how to calculate hold down
forces and shear produced by a triangular shear wall.
I'm aware of the method kindly described on this list
by Thor Matteson and added to by Suresh Acharya. What
I need is how to handle the comment by David Merrick
who questioned the validity (I believe)of placing a
hold down at the sharp edge of the shear wall
triangle.

Irv