Re: CODES: Evaluation Reports

Bill Polhemus wrote:
"My question comes down to: Are the ERs "automatically" considered part of the Code, or are they simply a way to provide compelling evidence for the building official, greasing the skids for official acceptance?"

Bill-
In my experience is it automatic? No.  But pretty close to that. they certainly provide "compelling" evidence for most Building Officials who are underfunded and don't have the resources to do exhaustive evaluations.
Regards,
Bill Cain, SE
Berkeley CA