Re: WIND AND SEISMIC LOAD FOR STABLE AND BARNS

Having wrestled thousands of bales when much younger I can tell you
that a bale of straw is about 60 lbs. and a bale of alfalfa is about 80lbs. and they pile them 10 or more feet high. The bales are approx.
18" x 42" depending on the baler. Loose hay or straw should be a much less load.

Stan Scholl, P.E.
Laguna Beach, CA