Braced Timber Frames - try again

Sorry to do this again but I'm on an island until I get some feedback on this.

The UBC had an R-Value of 2.8 for braced timber-frames in Table 16-O but that listing disappeared in the IBC Table

1617.6.2.  Is there any kind of Code guidance on this type of structure any more?  Is this type of SFRS even allowed anymore?  What are others doing?  It's pretty hard convincing people why a braced timber frame can no longer be used when it's "been done like that for years."

Chris

Haffner Consulting Engineering

www.haffnerconsulting.com

Office & Fax:  541-478-3052