Braced Timber Frames - try again[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Braced Timber Frames - try again
- From: "Christopher Haffner" <chaffner(--nospam--at)gorge.net>
- Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 10:56:22 -0700
Sorry to do this again but I'm on an island until I get some feedback on this.
The UBC had an R-Value of 2.8 for braced timber-frames in Table 16-O but that listing disappeared in the IBC Table
1617.6.2. Is there any kind of Code guidance on this type of structure any more? Is this type of SFRS even allowed anymore? What are others doing? It's pretty hard convincing people why a braced timber frame can no longer be used when it's "been done like that for years."
Haffner Consulting Engineering
Office & Fax: 541-478-3052
- Prev by Subject: Braced Timber Frames - R-Value
- Next by Subject: RE: Braced Timber Frames - try again
- Previous by thread: OT - Health - TV Turn Off
- Next by thread: RE: Braced Timber Frames - try again