RE: Special inspection and masonry allowables

The way I read it, the 50% strength reduction is gone entirely and special inspection is required for all structural masonry.

BDH

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Wilson [mailto:wilsonengineers(--nospam--at)yahoo.com]
Sent:
Wednesday, May 04, 2005 3:24 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Special inspection and masonry allowables

What is the status of the special inspection/.5

masonry allowable reduction factor and the current

codes?  Apparently it has disappeared from IBC and

ACI530.  Doesn't that leave a hole in the standards if

a building isn't subject to special inspection?

Thanks in advance,

Jim Wilson

*   http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp

*   site at: http://www.seaint.org