RE: CONCRETE: "-ing" or "-ment"?

Such wit and wisdom have been spent
On using -ing and using -ment,
My head is spinning, slightly bent,
>From wonder-ing and wonder-ment.

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Crocker [mailto:pcrocker(--nospam--at)reidmidd.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 3:14 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: CONCRETE: "-ing" or "-ment"?

"In a discussion with the chairman of ACI Committee 117, I suggested he buy
a high-school grammar book..."

On a linguistically related topic, would it be more appropriate to say that
Gail's acerbic anecdotes are entertaining or entertainment?  I think that
either is correct.

Paul Crocker

This e-mail is intended to be delivered only to the named addressee(s) and
delete the transmitted material from your computer and server.  In no event
shall this material be read, used, stored, or retained by anyone other than
the named addressee(s) without the express written consent of the sender or
the named addressee(s).