From: Christopher Haffner [mailto:chaffner(--nospam--at)gorge.net]
Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 11:51 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Braced Timber Frames - try again

Just to make sure I understand……the IBC does not allow a braced timber frame in seismic country, right?  That’s what I’m getting but seams that someone forgot to tell the contractors.

How does one safely establish R for an undefined system?  I thought that if it wasn’t in the Code don’t do it…..

Chris

Haffner Consulting Engineering

www.haffnerconsulting.com

Office & Fax:  541-478-3052