RE: Special inspection and masonry allowables

The 00 IBC 1704.1 does not require special inspection for work of a minor
nature or for work exempt from the practice of engineering.  If there is no
building official I guess you do what your conscience or lack of conscience
tells you.  My conscience would tell me they won't grout or reinforce the
wall as specified, they will use the wrong kind of mortar, leave the
specified moisture controlled units out in the rain, put in frozen units and
not install specified cleanouts. Half stresses are a great way to ignore
reality.