RE: UBC '97 -> Int'l Codes (WAS: ordinary braced frame...)

I wasn’t trying to say that there isn’t much of a change from UBC to IBC.  There is!  And I’m still trying to understand all the changes.

I was just trying to say that the underlying philosophy of the definitions as given by Williams for a Bearing Wall system and Building Frame system (the topic at hand), even though based on the UBC, can’t be very different from the IBC.  Sorry if I wasn’t clear.

My point is this….Even thought the codes change and definitions are tweaked a bit the underlying basis for the definitions don’t (or at least shouldn’t) change much.  A frame is still a frame, a wall is still a wall, a cube is still a cube, etc……

Chris

Haffner Consulting Engineering

www.haffnerconsulting.com

Office & Fax:  541-478-3052