From: Polhemus, Bill <Bill.Polhemus(--nospam--at)tysonet.tyson.com>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Sent: Thu, 05 May 2005 14:11:52 -0500
Subject: "Latest UBC Code"?

Is there an edition of the Uniform Building Code later than 1997? I mean, I guess, the very last building code edition put out by the ICBO, before they folded in the ICC.
Strange deal: A rural county in Iowa tells me their building code is "whatever the 'latest UBC edition is'". Like other places I can name, they have no official inspection; the County Engineer just looks over the plans, and looks mainly for an engineer's seal, period. Other than that, they have no requirements.