Re: CSI Guidelines - Drawing Notes?

Bill,

That was a far better worded and much more tactful reply than the one I had considered making. I take Mark's answer to your initial question as "No, there is no help from CSI on improving General Notes." On reflection, it appears that there should be _either_ general notes or specifications, but not both. Though it is standard practice to include both on large jobs, all sorts of coordination problems arise - including the higher likelihood of ignoring the specifications if a portion of them are spoon-fed to the trades in the form of General Notes. Unfortunately, it appears the CSI has no interest in improving all construction, only those large enough to employ its registered agents.