From: Paul Crocker [mailto:pcrocker(--nospam--at)reidmidd.com]
Sent: Friday, May 06, 2005 9:34 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Plan Irregularity Type 5

This is now I understand it, but how does one explain the "or symmetric"
part if... hypothetically... the person asking was a plan reviewer and
they aren't interested in how you view the code, or how it has always
been taken to read, so much as how it is literally written...
hypothetically.  Without the "or symmetric" it makes perfect sense.  It
seems possible that the "or symmetric" is meant to give you one more way
to avoid the Type 5 tag, if the system is non-orthogonal but it is
symmetric, but I can't quite see how that would help make the system
better to the point that some special measure wouldn't still be
advisable.

Paul Crocker, PE, SE

>>> "Gerard Madden, SE" <gmadden(--nospam--at)maddengine.com> 05/05/05 04:17PM >>>
Not Parallel is correct. Center of Rigidity vs. Center of Mass with
accidental torsion is taking care of the "Non-symmettric" and it's not a
plan irregularity. Use the 100%-30% rule or SRSS analysis.

Hth,
-gm