From: "Christopher Haffner" <chaffner(--nospam--at)gorge.net>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: Braced Timber Frames - try again

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01C55097.EC817CC0

Sorry to do this again but I'm on an island until I get some feedback on
this.

The UBC had an R-Value of 2.8 for braced timber-frames in Table 16-O but
that listing disappeared in the IBC Table

1617.6.2.  Is there any kind of Code guidance on this type of structure any
more?  Is this type of SFRS even allowed anymore?  What are others doing?
It's pretty hard convincing people why a braced timber frame can no longer
be used when it's "been done like that for years."

Chris