From: "Joe Grill" <jgrill(--nospam--at)swiaz.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: single angle bending members

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C550C6.CE548740

I am once again (or still) pondering the question of single angle =
bending
members.  I am looking at lintels for an existing masonry wall.  I have =
used
the LRFD equations for a 4x4x1/2 angle and compared it to a 6x4x1/2 =
angle
per the LRFD.  Unless I am doing something wrong (and I might be at =
that)
the 6x4 angle has less capacity in flexure than the 4x4 angle.  It just
doesn't seem right.=20

=20

Has anyone found this to be the case?  Does anyone have a reference with =
an
example that they would like to share with me, in case I am missing
something in the LRFD manua?.  My texts don't cover this aspect.  I =
would
appreciate a fax if possible.

=20

Thanks,=20