Re: Office for Students and Teachers.

Dennis,

As I understand the licensing agreement for the "education" versions of =
most software, it is strictly limited to non-commercial use.  Is this =
the case with Office 2003?

David Finley
David,
This may be so, but it would be difficult for MS to differentiate the usage of the software for a specific need. The requirements state "Member of a household meeting any of the above criteria". It does say that this is to be used for Noncommercial use only, but this would be difficult to differentiate. If there is a student in the home who uses the software, am I to partition my hard drive so I can install another version to write letters or reports to clients? I doubt that MS or any company would attempt to enforce this rule. It might have been better if they stated "For education use only" rather than "Noncommercial use only". One binds the person to using it for education only while the other provides a requirement that would not be reasonable or easy to enforce.

Dennis
--

Dennis S. Wish, PE
California Professional Engineer