From: Rich Lewis [mailto:seaint02(--nospam--at)lewisengineering.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 8:51 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Large Rebar Detailing

I am detailing some concrete beams and columns with #10 - #14 bars.  I usually don’t detail these large bars.  Are there any words of wisdom someone can share about things to consider using this size bar?  I know one thing I saw in the past is the sweep radius of large bar hooks can cause problems.  Anything else I should be sure to consider?  I do have a beam and column joint to detail.

Thanks.

Rich Lewis