Spread Footing for tower

For design of a footing with overturning moment, is it acceptable to
design for an eccentricity outside the kern as long as 50% of the
footing is in bearing? Overturning factors of safety of greater than 1.5
would also be satisfied. I typically use this for criteria for
foundation systems but was just thinking it through for the case of an
isolated non redundant footing.

Landon Anderson
office: 970-945-1006
home: 970-984-3949