Calling: SE in Huntington Beach, CA

I just got off the phone with a buddy of mine, who has a house issue.

His house is located in the Huntington Beach area of California.  He is
looking in removing an interior wall that is apparently a load bearing wall
for the structure above (I think both a second floor and possibly the roof).
I recommended that he get in touch with a Structural Engineer to take a look
at the situation and come up with a possible solution.  The house isn't
falling into the ground or anything.  It's just a remodel job.  It shouldn't
take up too much time or effort.

I'd take on the job, but I'm having a hard time understanding what he's
looking at or what his house is like.  Furthermore, when you're in Wyoming,
it makes doing work in Cali. a little difficult.  So, if anyone could take
this one on, please let me know at the e-mail address below.

Sincerely,
David Maynard, PE
Gillette, Wyoming
dm__7(--nospam--at)vcn.com