From: "Rich Lewis" <seaint02(--nospam--at)lewisengineering.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: Large Rebar Detailing
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 10:51:15 -0500

I am detailing some concrete beams and columns with #10 - #14 bars.  I
usually don't detail these large bars.  Are there any words of wisdom
someone can share about things to consider using this size bar?  I know one
thing I saw in the past is the sweep radius of large bar hooks can cause
problems. Anything else I should be sure to consider? I do have a beam and
column joint to detail.

Thanks.

Rich Lewis