retrofit of existing basement wall

I have kind of an interesting question.  I am looking at a project where an existing CMU basement wall has been in place for 30+ years.  It is very lightly reinforced.  There are no signs of overstress.  I do mean no signs.  No cracking whatsoever etc. etc.  We have the room and ability to install some new grout and reinforcing as 50% or so of the wall is un-grouted.  It is an amazing thing to see.  A whole new perspective on CMU.

Should bars be added to a Ko condition, which seems excessive in consideration of the history.  Maybe add nothing at all, considering the wall has worked fine for 3 decades, or something in between?

Thanks,

Joe Grill

Joseph R. Grill, P.E. (Structural)

Shephard - Wesnitzer, Inc.