From: Gil Brock
Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2005 12:31 PM
Subject: Re: 33-ft simple span slab

Ben,

I would be very worried about deflections, vibrations and everything else. It is too thin. Do the calculations.

At 06:18 AM 13/05/2005, you wrote:
I am pondering on using  8" composite slab (3" pre-tensioned plank with 5" topping) for a 33-ft simple span floor slab in a dormitory building.  The plank will be shored at mid span before topping. My only concern is the long-term deflection. Has any one had similar experience?

Thank you

Ben Z, P.E.

Regards  Gil Brock
Ph +61 7 3807 8022               Fax +61 7 3807 8422
email:            gil(--nospam--at)raptsoftware.com
email:            sales(--nospam--at)raptsoftware.com
email:            support(--nospam--at)raptsoftware.com
webpage:         http://www.raptsoftware.com