From: Haan, Scott M POA [mailto:Scott.M.Haan(--nospam--at)poa02.usace.army.mil]
Sent: Friday, May 13, 2005 10:35 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: UBC Live Load Reduction

Gerard:

I have several designers frequently request me to back check their stuff
after hours.  They don't seem to complain about baseless comments and
they
pay well.  I write the same comments for them that I would have when I
worked
at the Building Department or while here at the USACE.

There is a stigma attached to being a plan reviewer and it drives many
good
engineers out of the line of work.

Respectfully,
Scott