Sent: Sunday, May 15, 2005 10:06 PM
Subject: steel beam

Hi Folks:

I have a roof framing plan of an older tilt up industrial building that was retrofitted for seismic repairs.  There are some steel beams labeled
" 12B14".  Are these what they were called prior to being renamed W12x14?  If not, does anyone know what their properties are?  I have some large diameter sheet metal duct that has to be hung from the roof framing and braced for lateral and barring providing new purlins, I would like to use them if they calc.

Thanks in advance for any info y'all might have on this.

Ray Shreenan  SE