Re: GFRC panels

Jorge,

Quoting from PCI "GFRC Recommended Practice for Glass
Fiber Reinforced Concrete Panels" 3rd Ed, Table 4
Typical Range of GFRC Properties:

density = 120-140pcf
Compressive strength = 7,000 - 12,000 psi
flexural Yield Fy = 900 to 1500 psi
Ultimate Strength Fu = 2500 - 4000 psi
Modulus of Elasticity = 1.5x10^6 to 3.0x10^6
Direct Tension TY = 700 to 1000 psi
Ultimate tension Tu = 1000 to 1600 psi
Strain to failure = 0.6 to 1.2%
Shear - interlaminar = 400 to 800 psi
Shear - in-plane = 1000 to 1600 psi
Coefficient of thermal expansion = 6 to 12x10^-6

These are all 28-day values.  Note that several of the
values (Fu, Tu & Strain) decrease with time.  If you
need the aged values too, let me know.  Or you might
be able to call one of the manufacturers and ask for
test data.  I believe these guys have to keep running
data bases on their product with a perpetual material
testing program.  We used estimated values based upon
recent test data from our supplier, but then revised
calcs for final submittal with actual test data at the
time of casting(if the SER asked for it, that is.)

I hope this is specific enough for what you need.  If
you don't have the PCI book, it is really useful in
this application as there are a few tricks to a proper
design.

Jim Wilson, PE
Stroudbsurg, PA