How to calculate capacity of two Log beams, one on top of the other ?

When you have two beams with same sizes and simply supported, one on top
of the other with no connection between, I always think the bottom beam
shall be designed for almost 100% load, because load distribution is
unknown.

I am reviewing plans of the log home, have 23.5 ft span beam with 6000
lb concentrated load in the center and 240plf distributed load, M=51810
lb-ft. The engineer use two 14" dia Engelman Spruce, select structure
(fb=1100, Mu=24750 lb-ft, E=1,300,000), one beam sits on the other with
no any connection, the engineer calculation claimed total Mu=2x24750
lb-ft.

Please help me.

Thank you !

Helen Zhou