Seismic Roof Equipment

Hello seaint,

  Bill,

"This is NEW equipment that is replacing OLD equipment for the same
purpose, but it has considerably more weight. That's why I referenced
the "International Existing Building Code" (which actually isn't even
legally adopted here in Arkansas--unlike in Pennsylvania, the site of my
OTHER other job--but is a good resource to determine what is
reasonable)."

  Not sure where your project is actually located...However, the
  2002 Arkansas Fire Prevention Code is typically used in major NW
  Arkansas cities (Fayetteville, Rogers, Springdale).  The referenced
  standards of 2002 Arkansas Fire Prevention Code include ASCE 7-98.
  The fist sheets of 2002 Arkansas Fire Prevention Code state "Based
  on 2000 IBC".  Hope this helps...

--
Best regards,
 Steve Thompson                         mailto:steve(--nospam--at)jlaeng.com