Re: aci 318-02 appendix d

In the second case, Avo=(c2+1.5c1)*1.5c1, because
c2<1.5c1. A reduction in Av/Av0 is to be expected
because a smaller edge distance (c2<1.5c1) prevents
the full development of the shear failure edge.
However, the increased c1 yields a higher value for
Vb.

Rewriting the equation for Vb as: Vb=constant*c1^1.5,
the two cases yield the following result

case 1: Vb=11.18*Constant
case 2: Vb=24.65*Constant

This shows that the shear capacity in this mode of
failure does not decrease with increasing c1.

Rajendran

=== message truncated ===

Yahoo! Mail Mobile
http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail