From: Harold Sprague [mailto:spraguehope(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, May 20, 2005 6:08 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Wood design values for old structure

Warren,
I did work on a saw mill as a boy many years ago in Gravois Mills in
Southern Missouri.  And we sawed up a lot of oak, and I helped build a
barn
from sawn oak in about 1962.

OK, I am a bit older than most on this list... but come on!!

OK, I remember using a slide rule.
And OK, I went into hiding after a structural collapse, and Hamurabi's
Law
was enforced.
And OK, I admit that I know that a cubit = 18 inches.
And OK, some of my cave paintings were used as construction documents.

Regards,
Harold Sprague  ....Still ticking

>From: "Foy, Warren" <Warren.Foy(--nospam--at)mhgrp.com>
>To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
>Subject: RE: Wood design values for old structure
>Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 09:25:26 -0400
>
>Harold wrote:
>"100 years ago in Southern Missouri"
>
>Harold, is this from personal experience?

Oak