To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Sent: Saturday, May 21, 2005 9:52 AM
Subject: Re: Wood design values for old structure

Foy, Warren wrote:

Harold,

As I'm sure you know, I was just kidding you a bit.  I do, however, want
to express to you my gratitude for bringing your many years of
experience and knowledge to the list and educating and entertaining us
all.  Maybe I can buy you a beer someday.

I'm grateful for more than simply Mr. Sprague's "many years of experience." A lot of people have that.

However, only a very few have the inclination to share that experience in meaningful ways, taking time out of a busy schedule to answer questions to the extent that Harold does.

I'm sure there are others who, with all due respect to Harold, have a similar degree of expertise. But they aren't exactly available to consult on a "quid pro quo" basis as Harold is. (And I'm not exactly sure what "quo" I, for one, could possibly offer in exchange for all the "quids" I've gleaned from Harold).

--
Bill Polhemus, P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company