RE: ASTM A615 steel

ASTM A615 rebar "is" weldable, but you need to obtain appropriate
chemistry testing of the steel to determine proper welding procedures.
You can order such a chemical analysis when ordering new rebar; if it is
existing, a sample must be taken and tested.

William C. Sherman, PE
(Bill Sherman)
CDM, Denver, CO
Phone: 303-298-1311