From: Gerard Madden, SE [mailto:gmadden(--nospam--at)maddengine.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2005 1:34 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Void Forms under Grade Beams

I have a soils engineer requiring me to design grade beams for a pier and grade beam residential foundation for an uplift of 1500 psf. He is also requiring void forms underneath the grade beams…. I thought this was an either or type of thing, not both. It’s a 1 story house and this will easily govern the design.

Any input appreciated.

-gm

SSF, CA