	From: Gerard Madden, SE [mailto:gmadden(--nospam--at)maddengine.com]
	Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2005 1:27 PM
	To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
	Subject: RE: Void Forms under Grade Beams

	Thanks to all. What he is now saying is that I need to design
the piers for an uplift skin friction of 1500 psf on the upper four feet
of the piers only. This seems way too high to me, since the downward
skin friction is only 450 psf....

	He backed down for the dual requirements, but initially told me
I had to design the piers for the uplift on the grade beams even if I
used the void forms. Now he wants me to design for a 25 kip uplift from
4 feet of skin friction???? I questioned this too and he's
researching....

	*head a shakin*

	-gm