RE: stainless steel cable

From: S. Gordin [mailto:mailbox(--nospam--at)sgeconsulting.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2005 3:32 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: stainless steel cable

It was the "sheesh" thing that got me going.  In the subject case, it was unwarranted; and generally, I am not used to that.

My "sheesh" was directed at the comments of the manufacturer who told you that "they do XXX all the time, and so far it has worked well."

In fact, I am on your side on this issue. It's just that I'm tired of the "we've done it this way for years and so far, no problems" argument on the part of contractors and manufacturers reps who really have no clue as to how performance standards are derived and are just talking through their hats.

Hope that's more clear.