Re: Building Rating Idea

Yes. Politics is the word here - people deciding what is best for the people!

I do agree that it's politics, however I don't think I know what your're driving at.  The way I see it it's definitely *not* "people deciding what is best for the people," but rather a few financially-interested people--or perhaps corporations, or agents, or attorneys representing such, in addition to a few "regular people"--who are able to take the time to go to hearings during the working day to state their wishes, and thus influence their elected officials who then write the laws.  To paraphrase your statement, it's more like "self-selected people strongly influencing what is 'best' for [all of] the people."

Ralph