RE: SLAB ON GRADE: Truck Wheel Load[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: RE: SLAB ON GRADE: Truck Wheel Load
- From: "Polhemus, Bill" <bill.polhemus(--nospam--at)tyson.com>
- Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 08:59:51 -0500
From: Candi Anderson [mailto:canderson(--nospam--at)mercadoeng.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2005 8:30 AM
Subject: RE: SLAB ON GRADE: Truck Wheel Load
H-20 and HS-20 axle load is 32k.
Tire contact area is a rectangle w/ length in direction of traffic = 10” and tire width = 20”.
I'm assuming that this would work out to Wheel Load = 32,000#/2 = 16,000#, and Tire Pressure = 16,000#/(10")(20") = 80 psi.
That's important because we're using a lesser load for grade slab design for "chicken trucks" based on typical weigh values, and I want to make sure I got the contact area correct.
Thanks once again.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended addressee, then you have received this email in error and any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. Please notify us immediately of your unintended receipt by reply and then delete this email and your reply. Tyson Foods, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates will not be held liable to any person resulting from the unintended or unauthorized use of any information contained in this email or as a result of any additions or deletions of information originally contained in this email.
- Prev by Subject: RE: SLAB ON GRADE: Truck Wheel Load
- Next by Subject: Re: SLAB ON GRADE: Truck Wheel Load
- Previous by thread: RE: SLAB ON GRADE: Truck Wheel Load
- Next by thread: Re: SLAB ON GRADE: Truck Wheel Load