HTH,
Bill Cain, S.E.
Berkeley CA

In a message dated 5/26/2005 7:00:28 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, bill.polhemus(--nospam--at)tyson.com writes:

From: Candi Anderson [mailto:canderson(--nospam--at)mercadoeng.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2005 8:30 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: SLAB ON GRADE: Truck Wheel Load

Bill-

H-20 and HS-20 axle load is 32k.

Tire contact area is a rectangle w/ length in direction of traffic = 10” and tire width = 20”.

Candi

Thanks, Candi.

I'm assuming that this would work out to Wheel Load = 32,000#/2 = 16,000#, and Tire Pressure = 16,000#/(10")(20") = 80 psi.

That's important because we're using a lesser load for grade slab design for "chicken trucks" based on typical weigh values, and I want to make sure I got the contact area correct.

Thanks once again.