Industrial Seismic Restraints

Title: Message
Hello all,

Does anyone who does industrial work know if there is some provision/exception for seismic bracing and anchorage of storage drums (700# each) that are stacked on a pallet, stacked several layers high?  We're doing a peer review for a client that is planning something like this but without any bracing of any kind.  Of course, I'm told "everyone's doing it this way" but it sure seems precarious, as well as a building code violation.

Just "picking some brains" here.

Thanks,
Dave K. Adams, S.E.
Lane Engineers, Inc.
Tulare, CA
E-mail:  davea(--nospam--at)laneengineers.com