Re: Wood-frame construction: Life in the real world

What the heck are penny nails?  They sound like something
out of Elizabethan England.  We use metric size nails,
i.e. diameter and length--Simpson has a Canadian edition
catalogue with common nails with their metric conversions,
but no definition of what is a penny nail.
Gary