From: Jason Atwood [mailto:atwoodjason(--nospam--at)yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, May 27, 2005 8:36 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: VBA to Excel

Hello:

I like Jake am interested in developing/improving an excel spreadsheet using VBA for beam analysis.I would like to do create an array with say 50 rows by 5 columns. The columns will contain x, q(x), V(x), M(x), and d(x) respectively. Where q(x)=m(x-a)+qa ( i.e. linear function somewhere on the beam starting at "a" with "m" as the slope from a to b and "qa" the intensity at "a") subsequent functions will be will be integrated using the trapezoidal rule (or something else). My question is this: what is a convenient way to add together several loadings together to create a single column for q(x) and then perform the integrations?
Cheers.

S.

Jason