Re: E-Files and Clients....

David,

In the past, companies that I have worked for were hesitant to supply
electronic files to contractors.  It was usually done on a case by case
basis.  Regardless, if files where shared (with anyone typically), a
disclaimer form/use form had to be signed by those receiving the files.
This form would outline permitted uses and also do a CYA in terms of
accuracy of drawn lines (i.e. something like "line work may not always be
drawn exactly to scale...use the indicated/marked dimensions"...similar to
the good old "thou shalt not scale" that ends up in most peoples general
notes).

Scott
Adrian, MI